If you’re a Washington State University student searching for available apartments, DABCO Property Management wants to help! We’re ready to assist residents from the application process to the end of the lease agreement. We’re thrilled to have served the Pullman, WA, community as the go-to local property management company for decades.
We make it easy for residents. Click here to make an online rent payment or submit a maintenance request!
What Apartment Applicants Need to Know
Security Deposit Information
DABCO Security Deposit Breakdown:
- 1 Bedroom, $400
- 2 Bedroom, $600
- 3 Bedroom, $900
- 3 Bedroom Townhome, $1,425
- Additional occupant, $200
What Might Contribute to Not Receiving a Full Security Deposit Back:
- Damage, holes, or stains to carpet or vinyl
- Excessive holes in wall from tacks or staples, or large holes from screws
- Damage to interior doors, ex: holes, tear marks from tape
- Burner pans that are stained or scratched from use
- Professional carpet cleaning
- Professional drape cleaning
- General cleaning that exceeds 2 hours of time by cleaning department
- Damage to window sills, ex: water damage from leaving window open
- Damage to woodwork, drywall, appliances, fixtures, flooring, etc.
- All leases are 12-month term leases. Following the initial 12 month lease, residents can renew their lease by the semester. If you have a unique situation, check with your rental office manager.
- Number of occupants can exceed the number of bedrooms only by one person.
- Residents must sign and abide by the DABCO Rules & Regulations.
- Residents are allowed to sublet their apartment ONLY with written permission of DABCO Property Management. A sublet fee is assessed.
- Roommates are equally and jointly responsible for all terms on the lease.
Resident Screening Process
DABCO Property Management, LLC does not accept Comprehensive Reusable Tenant Screening Reports.
DABCO Property Management, LLC operates in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Act, as well as all state and local fair housing and civil rights laws. We do not discriminate against any person based on race, color religion, gender, national origin, age, sex, familial status, handicap, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state or local laws.
The Rental Criteria below outlines some of the policies for this community with regard to standards that may be required by each applicant in order to be approved for residency.
Identify Verification Process
ALL applicants are required to show at least one legal form of identification such as:
- Government issued identification such as military identification, state issued driver’s license, or passport
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- See attached alternative identification documentation
If YRS recommends “Accepted with Conditions” or “Denial,” a guarantor or co-signer may be considered. In this instance, the original applicant’s application will be re-submitted along with the guarantor or co-signer’s application.
Applications for guarantors and co-signers processed through YRS are also scored, but are typically held to a more stringent, pre-established screening standard because guarantors and co-signers are technically responsible for the payments for this residence, as well as their own place of residence.
Credit History & Criteria
All active accounts should be reported as current. Unpaid collections within the last seven (7) years may not be acceptable excluding medical bills. Any recorded unlawful detainer, unpaid collection, open bankruptcies or judgments may result in denial of application. In addition, any judgments in the past seven (7) years or bankruptcies opened and/or discharged within the last ten (10) years may result in a denial of application. If no credit history can be found, the applicant(s) will need to have at least four (4) accounts in good standing without any derogatory credit history in excess of one hundred and 00/100 ($100.00).
CREDIT HISTORY CRITERIA EXAMPLE:
Requirement: At least 2 accounts established for 1 year and in good standing.
- Derogatory credit history (past due accounts, collections, judgments, tax liens, charge off – excluding medical debt) in excess of $500 may result in an increased deposit or cosigner requirement.
- Past due or foreclosed mortgage may result in an increased deposit or cosigner requirement.
- Discharged bankruptcy may result in an increased deposit or cosigner requirement.
- Paid rental collection and/or judgment will result in increased deposit or cosigner requirement.
- Final recommendation may also be dependent on income, rental & employment history.
If your application is denied and you believe the information upon which the denial was based is incorrect, or if you have additional information that was not considered during the review of your application, you may request an appeal of the decision.
Any appeal must be submitted in writing within fourteen days of the date of the denial letter. The request must include a letter from you that states the reason(s) for the appeal and new supporting documentation from an independent third party.
This information must be verifiable by DABCO staff. Appeal packages must be sent to DABCO Property Management, c/o Area Manager, 910 NE Providence Court, Pullman, WA, 99163
Applicants / Applications
All applicants must be of legal age. All parties 18 years of age or older are required to complete an application and pay any and all applicable fees. Applications are to be completed in full; applications containing untrue, incorrect, or misleading information will be denied. The application fee is non-refundable unless otherwise provided by state or local law.
Owner and management desire to provide well maintained and well-kept property for the benefit of all residents. Screening criteria herein are adopted with the intent of maximizing the ability to provide safe housing for residents, managerial staff, the property, and neighbors. Screening criteria herein are also intended to minimize liability risks, the costs of insurance, maintenance, and repairs to the premises. Screening shall be designed to provide housing to individuals who do not constitute or pose an unreasonable risk of direct threat to persons and/or property of physical harm and/or adverse housing environment. Owner and management agree to limit screening of conviction history to serious offenses against person and/or property.
Application will not be accepted from applicant(s) who appear intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs during the application process. Applications will not be accepted from applicants(s) who are hostile, threatening, lewd, obscene or vulgar during the application process. Obscene, lewd, vulgar, harassing or threatening behavior shall be grounds for terminating the screening process and refusal to accept application.
Incomplete, false, and or misleading information is grounds for denial. In the event that the owner or management discovers false or misleading information after occupancy, landlord reserves the right to retroactively revoke prior consent to acceptance due to lack of mutual assent; in such situation, the occupant(s) will be deemed to be in occupancy without the permission or consent of the owner.
All applications are submitted to Yardi Resident Screening (YRS), a third-party consumer reporting agency. YRS is located at 3 Hutton Centre Dr., Suite 800, Santa Ana, CA 92707. All applications are evaluated based on a rental scoring system. Rental scoring is based on real data and statistical data such as payment history, quantity and type of accounts, outstanding debt, and age of accounts.
Every applicant is treated objectively because each application is scored statistically in exactly the same manner. Prospective residents have the right to obtain a free copy of the consumer report in the event of denial or other adverse action.
The rental scoring system will compare your application to YRS’s database, and by evaluating those statistics and real data in accordance with pre-established criteria set by Management, YRS will recommend one of the following:
- The applicant will be accepted with the standard deposits and fees.
- Accepted with Conditions. Depending on the community’s policy, the applicant may be given the option to pay an additional security deposit,
- The application will not be accepted. The applicant will be provided with contact information for the consumer reporting agencies that provided the consumer information.
Management reserves the right to verify the applicant’s residence history.
Applicants who have been a party to an eviction proceeding may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.
Deniable Factors & Policy
- Open or prior Bankruptcy.
- Unverifiable, false, incomplete, or misleading information.
- Unpaid collection accounts or judgment.
CRIMINAL CHARGES/CONVICTIONS: Applicants convicted for certain felony and misdemeanor offenses may not be approved for residency, depending upon the pre-established criteria set by Management.
DENIAL POLICY: In the event of Adverse Action (denial of tenancy, co-signer/Guarantor or increased deposit required) you have the right to a FREE copy of the background check we reviewed and processed by YRS. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information therein.